Welcome to the Northwest Salmon Derby Series
The Northwest Salmon Derby Series, presented by Allstate Boat Insurance and Northwest GMC Dealers, is a fishing promotion program directed by the Northwest Marine Trade Association – producers of the Seattle Boat Show. In 2014, the Northwest Salmon Derby Series partners with 15 derbies throughout the region to promote fishing opportunities and events. At the conclusion of the Everett Coho Derby in September*, the Derby Series will award the grand prize boat to one lucky winner!
Mercury Marine Salmon Derby Challenge
Mercury Marine is proud to be the exclusive engine sponsor of the 2014 Northwest Salmon Derby Series. Mercury is announcing a new contingency program – the “Mercury Marine Salmon Derby Challenge!” At each of the 15 tournaments, Mercury will award the following prizes to the Top 3 finishers in each derby if their boat is equipped primarily by Mercury outboard engines (2009 or newer):
- $3,000 for first place
- $2,000 for second place
- $1,000 for third place
2014 Northwest Salmon Derby Series Schedule
- ROCHE HARBOR SALMON CLASSIC, February 6-8 Information: Website Phone: 360-378-5562 E-mail: email@example.com Kids Division: No
- OLYMPIC PENINSULA SALMON DERBY, DISCOVERY BAY, February 15-17 Information: Website E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: No
- EVERETT BLACKMOUTH DERBY, BAYSIDE MARINE, March 22 Information: Website Phone: 425-501-4024 E-mail: email@example.com Kids Division: No
- BELLINGHAM SALMON DERBY, July 11-13 Information: Website Phone: 360-966-2621 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
- HARBOR MARINE SALMON TOURNAMENT, EVERETT July 26-27 Information: Website Phone: 425-259-3285 E-mail: email@example.com Kids Division: No
- SOUTH KING COUNTY PSA SALMON DERBY, PT DEFIANCE, August 2 Information: Website Phone: 206-387-9293 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
- GIG HARBOR PSA SALMON DERBY, August 9 Information: Website Phone: 253-255-8168 E-mail:email@example.com Kids Division: Yes
- SOUTH SOUND SALMON DERBY, OLYMPIA, August 16 Information: Phone: 360-250-9808 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
- SEKIU SALMON DERBY, August 23-24 Information:Coming Soon
- WILLAPA BAY SALMON DERBY, TOKELAND, August 30 Information: E-mail: email@example.com Kids Division: No
- COLUMBIA RIVER FALL SALMON DERBY, VANCOUVER, August 30 Information: Facebook Page, Website Phone: 360-256-3935 E-mail RGI@q.com Kids Division: Yes
- EDMONDS COHO DERBY, September 6 Information: Website Phone: 206-920-2468 E-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
- * EVERETT COHO DERBY, September 20-21 Information: Website Phone: 425-923-8405 E-mail: email@example.com Kids Division: Yes
- BAYSIDE MARINE SALMON DERBY, EVERETT, November 1-2 Information: Website Phone: 425-252-3088 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: No
- RESURRECTION SALMON DERBY, FRIDAY HARBOR, December 5-6 Information: Website Phone: 360-202-2664 E-mail:email@example.com Kids Division: No
* Drawing for Grand Prize Derby Series Boat will be held at Everett Coho Derby, September 21st. Anglers participating in derby events after September 21 will be entered to win the 2015 Series grand prize.
Focused on Salmon Recovery
The Northwest Salmon Derby Series, presented by Allstate Boat Insurance and Northwest GMC Dealers, was created in 2004 by the Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA) for the purpose of promoting salmon fishing opportunities in the Pacific Northwest. In the first year of the Series, six existing derbies were identified to become partners of the Series. Since that year, the Series has expanded to 15 tournaments in 2014.
Carefully and selectively, the Series has been very keen to partner with derbies that are wild fish friendly. Each event occurs within the guidelines of open fishing seasons that occur at a time of the year and area where hatchery chinook and coho salmon exist. In fact, some of the tournaments have gone to “hatchery fish only” even during times and places where retention of unmarked chinook and coho are acceptable for retention in accordance with the Department of Fish and Wildlife rules.
We, at the Northwest Salmon Derby Series and NMTA, are a partner to the protection and enhancement of wild chinook and coho stocks. We encourage anglers to fish selectively and carefully to release unmarked chinook and coho salmon, particularly when the rules require release.
By working with government agencies to protect wild stocks, while accessing abundant hatchery salmon, we believe this formula is the road map to the future of sport fishing for salmon in the Pacific Northwest.